Quantity Surveyor, Juba, Southern Sudan
- Measuring quantities from drawings, sketches and specifications prepared by designers, principal architects and engineers, in order to prepare tender/contract documents.
- Measurement and pricing of construction works.
- Participating in the project management process
- Cooperation with architects, Designers, Construction Engineers and Purchasing/Logistics Department.
- Preparation of detailed project quotations
- Controlling costs on building projects and other infrastructure developments.
- Advice the Project Manager and Engineers on labor costs, materials and taxes required etc.
- Preparation of contracts for projects by stating clearly the terms and conditions, studying and understand contracts.
- Preparing tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities with the architect and/or the companys’ clients
- Undertaking of costs analysis for repair and maintenance project work;
- Assisting in establishing a client’s requirements and undertaking feasibility studies;
- performing risk and value management and cost control;
- Advising on procurement strategy;
- Identifying, analyzing and developing responses to commercial risks;
- Preparing and analyzing costings for tenders and bids
- Analyzing outcomes and writing detailed progress reports;
- Valuing completed work and arranging for payments;
Desired qualifications / Knowledge and abilities
- A Bachelors degree in a built-environment /construction related field/ with a bias in Quantity Survey.
- Knowledge in project management
- Be analytical and organized with good communication skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Ability to work under time pressure and changing conditions
- Possess excellent mathematical and accounting skills
- Should be an expert with regards to land, commercial and building laws
- Be an outstanding manager and strategic planner
- Be computer literate
- Have report writing skills
What do we offer to the candidates:
- Professional development in a multicultural, dynamic, growing business
- Participation in prestigious international projects
- Friendly working atmosphere
Email CV to: email@example.com